Equipped for any situation
Like the tiny footprints of newborns in our nursery, every woman's experience of pregnancy is similar - yet unique. At the Childbirth Center, our focus is entirely on you. Your special needs. Your individual style. We don't have a long list of rules - just a lengthy record of happy moms and healthy newborns.
Our facilities and medical team are prepared and equipped for any situation during the birthing process. If you need a Cesarean section, an operating suite is located just down the hall. We also have established relationships with a pediatric cardiologist and a geneticist.
Our promise is to make your delivery day as smooth and comfortable as possible. But don't take our word for it. Happy moms and dads have consistently ranked our obstetrics program among the top 10% of programs in the country for patient satisfaction.
At the Childbirth Center at St. Joseph Hospital, we offer a wide range of maternity and childbirth services:
- Register for classes covering every aspect of your pregnancy and childbirth, including basic childbirth education, New Moms Support Group, Newborn Basics, and a sibling class to help 3- to 10-year-olds prepare for the arrival of a new baby. We also offer breastfeeding classes taught by a certified lactation consultant.
- Comfortable, private birthing rooms for your labor, delivery, and recovery.
- Natural childbirth room, complete with birthing tub, for labor.
- One-on-one attention from experienced, compassionate nurses.
- Advanced technology and a skilled nursing staff to support your physician or certified nurse midwife.
- Expert instruction in the care of your newborn.
- An "open" approach to suit your individual needs and choices.
- Security cameras and identification bands to ensure the safety of you and your baby.
- Two special 24-hour hotlines, staffed by our Childbirth Center nurses, to answer any questions you may have after you and your baby leave the nursery.
Read more about our special designation as a Baby-Friendly™ Hospital.
We are looking forward to the day you meet your newborn at the Childbirth Center.