What can you expect from the region's best breast care center?
Start with comprehensive breast health services that continually exceed national best practice standards, confidence in knowing you are in skilled hands and peace of mind that you are getting the best care possible. And there's more...
At the Breast Care Center at St. Joseph Hospital, we are reaching out to the entire region to promote breast health for all women, in particular those at higher risk for breast cancer.
You'll meet with expert clinicians who employ the latest technologies, like 3D Mammograms or Tomosynthesis, to find cancer early when it is most treatable. You'll have the opportunity to sit down with our on-site radiologist to discuss test results without a long waiting period and get referrals to the resources and specialists you may need for further testing and treatment. The best part is they are all right here in a comfortable, convenient setting where the attention is focused on you, the patient.
At the Breast Care Center, the region's first comprehensive center for breast health, you'll find these services all under one roof:
- Physician-directed, patient-focused care
- Board-certified radiologist on site
- Coordinated scheduling for all appointments
- Personalized diagnostic evaluation and follow-up consultation
- Timely test results - in some instances on the same day
- A specially trained breast health nurse to provide breast health education, case management, advocacy and support
- Nutrition, psychosocial and other counseling and support programs
- Access to a continuum of breast health screening, diagnostic and treatment services
The Breast Care Center is recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). In order to receive the ACR's Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation, a center must be accredited in all of the following:
- Mammography by the ACR (or an FDA-approved state accrediting body)
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy by the ACR
- Breast Ultrasound by the ACR (including the Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy module)
Proud partners in the "Let No Women Be Overlooked" Breast and Cervical Cancer program, sponsored by New Hampshire's Department of Health and Human Services.