Auxiliary Aids Available for Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Deaf-Blind, Blind/Low Vision Individuals
To ensure effective communication with patients and companions, St. Joseph Hospital, St. Joseph Hospital Physician Practices, and its affiliates all provide appropriate auxiliary aids and services free of charge, such as:
- Sign language & oral interpreters (live in person)
- Video Remote Interpreting (Stratus Video)
- TTY's, Public Video Phone & mobile VRS
- CART (computer-assisted real time transcription services)
- Written materials/Large Print available
- Pocketalker (Personal amplifier-amplifies sound)
- Telephone amplifier
- Telephones compatible with hearing aids
- CapTel phone
- Open and closed captioning
- Door knock sensor
- Visual monitor/baby cry alarm
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing door sign
- Pictogram book
- Dry erase board
For Deaf-Blind/Blind/Low Vision
- Signature guides
- Blind/Low vision door sign'
- Large print
- Big button phone (braille, amplification/volume control, visual ringer, hearing aid compatible)
For your convenience, a public video phone can be located in the Diagnostic Imaging X-Ray waiting area and the St. Joseph Hospital Emergency Department family waiting room.
Additionally, Z VRS (Video Relay Service) can be accessed by clicking on the Z5 app, downloaded on each video remote interpreting device.
For St. Joseph Hospital documents available in American Sign Language and Captioned, please see the right side of this page under, "Resources".
View Notice of Nondiscrimination
Watch an explanation of services- Coming Soon!
Meet the Interpreter Services/LEP/ADA Program Administrator, Rosemary Ford
Hi my name is Rosemary Ford, I am a ASL interpreter here at St Joseph Hospital. I work as the Interpreter Services/Communication Access Program Administrator and coordinate interpreter services for Deaf, HOH and Limited English Proficient patients and family members. I also provide training and educational outreach to all medical staff as to how to effectively communicate with Deaf/HOH and Limited English Proficient patients. Interpreters services and ADA auxiliary aids are available to you at no cost. Your feedback is extremely important and welcome you to contact me anytime. Video Phone: 603-718-3444, Voice: 603-882-3000 x 63863 or email: email@example.com. Thank you.